VMware Cloud Community
Burk
Contributor
Contributor
Jump to solution

Cannot see converted virtual machine in VMWare Server

Hello,

I am very new to VMWare, but really like what I see. Now I though have a problem.

I have a vm in VMWare Server and my goal was to clone it. Using VMWare Converter I think I managed to (turned off, think it's called cold)clone it without any configuration (since I don't get how sysprep works), with the virtual network cable unplugged. What I thought I could do now, was to see the machine in VMWare server, start it, interact with it, change computer name, turn it off, insert the virtual network cable, and then boot it.

But I can't see it anywhere in VMWare server. Looking in Converter, it's there, the task is Import standalone VM, status is completed. There are also a button called Start that is gray/disabled, which I think it shouldn't be?

Please help a rookie

/Magnus

0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
admin
Immortal
Immortal
Jump to solution

Go to VMware Server and add a VM. You'll need to then browse your file system for the .vmx file in the location where you asked Converter to create the new VM files. This registers the VM and makes it visible to VMware Server.

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
1 Reply
admin
Immortal
Immortal
Jump to solution

Go to VMware Server and add a VM. You'll need to then browse your file system for the .vmx file in the location where you asked Converter to create the new VM files. This registers the VM and makes it visible to VMware Server.

0 Kudos