VMware Cloud Community
phone1246
Contributor
Contributor

Can't convert Linux error No route to host Network error. Host 10.0.0.11 key can't be retrieved. (return code 2) at 3%

I try to convert Centos 5.5 buy I have error this at 3%

FAILED: A general system error occurred: read <ip> No route to host read <IP> No route to host read <IP>
No route to host Network error. Host <IP>  key can't be retrieved. (return code 2)

0 Kudos
9 Replies
patanassov
VMware Employee
VMware Employee

The error is exactly what it reads. There is no route from the destination VM to the source host. Possibly because 10.x.x.x is a private network. Use an address visible from the destination.

0 Kudos
phone1246
Contributor
Contributor

Thank for reply.
But source host and destination VM are same network 10.0.0.11/24 (Source) destinationVM (10.0.0.250)

0 Kudos
KasunBandara
Contributor
Contributor

got same issue. anyone got any answer?

0 Kudos
patanassov
VMware Employee
VMware Employee

This is a networking issue. The converter helper service on the destination VM wants to connect to the source machine over SSH using the credentials supplied in the converter wizard. The "no route to host" is the SSH client error. Try to ssh from another VM in the same virtual network to the source machine. Possible reasons for such failure can be firewalls, DNS issues (if source is accessed by name instead of IP), eventually sshd settings, perhaps something else too.

0 Kudos
admin
Immortal
Immortal

1. Edit the files hosts.allow on /etc fixed the issues. Please also make sure SSH port has been opened.

vi /etc/hosts.allow

Add the following :

ALL:ALL

2. Restart the network.

0 Kudos
KasunBandara
Contributor
Contributor

I have tried that. but still i am getting same issue :smileyconfused: any idea?

0 Kudos
KasunBandara
Contributor
Contributor

hi thanks for detail. but i am using 6.1.1

0 Kudos
shanekennedy
Contributor
Contributor

i had the same issue.  my physical host to be cloned had 2 nics & the vmware converter tried to map the both to the same vm-network.  during the conversion setup on the options window select the edit option for networks.  make sure you nic is attaching to the proper network.

0 Kudos