VMware Cloud Community
Subversive
Contributor
Contributor

Call me an idiot if you must, I can't get past this silly thing

When I'm trying to convert a physical machine, with an IP address of 192.168.1.1, the converter wizard keeps filling in a previous address that I've converted, 192.168.1.139. No matter what I do, as soon as I click or tab to the username field, it puts 1.139 in, instead of 1.1 like I'm asking it to. I've tried deleting all the jobs, no difference, I've tried clearing the previous IP's out of the drop down list, but it won't. I'm sure I'm just being dumb since it's first thing in the morning. Can anyone help me out here?

0 Kudos
1 Reply
theanykey
Virtuoso
Virtuoso

delete any previous tasks still showing and close/reopen converter and try again

if that fails, try a complete reinstall of converter 3.0.1 (and this time reinstall as the local admin on the source physical machine)

STEPS:

1. uninstall

2. reboot

3. clean registry

4. reboot

5. re-install

6. reboot

Manual cleanup required of some Converter Agent files from remote source physical machine

In some cases, the automatic cleanup of Converter Agent files from the system on which it ran is incomplete. If there are vmware-ufad-p2v-XXXXX subdirectories remaining under %SystemRoot% on the remote source physical machine after completion of the import (either successful or failed), automatic cleanup was not totally successful, and might cause future import attempts to fail. To clean up manually (recommended), follow these steps:

1. Launch regedit and navigate to HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SYSTEM\CurrentControlSet\Services

2. Remove the stcp2v30 key

3. Remove the vstor2-p2v30 key

4. Remove all vmware-ufad-p2v-XXXXX keys

5. Remove all courier-XXXXX keys

6. Reboot

7. Under %SystemRoot%\system32, remove all vmware-ufad-p2v-XXXXX subdirectories

0 Kudos