VMware Cloud Community
smilem
Contributor
Contributor

C onverter standalone can convert Acronis True Image Echo 9.1 and 9.5 tib only ?

Hello, I downloaded latest v6 converter standalone, it can convert Acronis True Image Echo 9.1 and 9.5 only.

The v9.5 is from year 2009, yes it is 6 years old.

Why is the converter standalone not updates to work with current acronis versions?

1. Is the converter standalone discontinued software?

2. Are current acronis true image versions crap?

3. So how then I'm suppose to virtualize my computer if the MB/CPU is dead and I have HDD with data on it? The only way I know is make image then use converter standalone to convert it to vmdk.

Thanks.

P.S. Who the heck was so smart to leave out vmware workstation v7 and v8 from converter standalone v6? I need to use v5.5 instead?

3 Replies
patanassov
VMware Employee
VMware Employee

Hello

1. Is the converter standalone discontinued software?

2. Are current acronis true image versions crap?

2.5: Support for Acronis (and other third party images) is deprecated in Converter and will be discontinued.

3. So how then I'm suppose to virtualize my computer if the MB/CPU is dead and I have HDD with data on it? The only way I know is make image then use converter standalone to convert it to vmdk.

Why not use the tools the image was created with in the first place?

P.S. Who the heck was so smart to leave out vmware workstation v7 and v8 from converter standalone v6? I need to use v5.5 instead?

Short answer: Yes

Need longer answer?: Who the heck is so smart to need the latest Converter when he doesn't need the latest Workstation?

smilem
Contributor
Contributor

Why not use the tools the image was created with in the first place?

You mean I need to use Acronis bare metal restore with universal restore?

Need longer answer?: Who the heck is so smart to need the latest Converter when he doesn't need the latest Workstation?

It would be nice if the download page for converters would list the versions of software they work with. Now one needs to download and install them to

see that certain versions are in the list and others are not.

0 Kudos
a_p_
Leadership
Leadership

0 Kudos