VMware Cloud Community
rsonakiya
Contributor
Contributor

Blue Screen when Playing VM_Image of WinNT Server

Hello All,

I am getting the "Blue Screen" when I am trying to play (in VMPlayer as well as on Workstation 5.5.1) VM_Image of WinNT 4.0 SP6 Server. The Physical WinNT4.0 Server is running with 392MB RAM. The PC I am using for VMPlayer (Same PC for VM_Worlstation) is WinXP_PRO PC with 2GB RAM.

The message[b] I get on the Blue Screen is

Stop : c0000017 \{Not enough Quota}

Not enough Virtual Memory or paging file quota is available to complete the specified operation.

Beginning dump of physical memory[/b]

I increased the memory on the VM_Image of the server ( Within VM_Workstation --Edit VM Setting) to 512BM/1GB and still getting the same error.

Please suggest if there is any work-around for this?

Thanks

0 Kudos
1 Reply
ThomasV
Enthusiast
Enthusiast

for starters: the reference to "virtual memory" is somehow ambiguous.

It's a blue screen error, what is actually a pure windows error, so if that states virtual memory, thats not ram memory, but paging memory.

when you present 512MB or 1 gig of memory that's fine, when he complains about the virtual memory he's is actually saying that the pagefile in the vmdk (the one of the NT OS) isnt' big enough, or perhaps the partition on which it resides is corrupt or damaged.

have you tried booting the OS in safe mode? and then maybe move or resize the paging file? Best practise is paging file about 1.5 times amount of fysical (haha) RAM

Message was edited by:

ThomasV

0 Kudos