VMware Cloud Community
scottlindner
Contributor
Contributor

Attempting to P2V Linux to VMWare Server 2, converting skipping Destination Type screen

The title explains it all, but here are the details to help.

I'm trying to P2V a Ubuntu 32bit machine into a VMware Server 2.0.1 running on a 32bit XP or 64bit Win7 host actively running VMware Server 2. When I get to the first Specify Detination it shows me this screen:

Note.. it lists VMware Infrastructure destination on the right side, but I never had the opportunity to specify "VMware virtual machines". If I enter the VMWare Server details into the screen presented it fails to connect, which makes sense since it isn't configured for VMware Server 2 as the destination type. Anyone know how to specify the correct destination type if the nav tree in vConverter doesn't allow me to access those details?

Cheers,

Scott

0 Kudos
1 Reply
Borja_Mari
Virtuoso
Virtuoso

Hi,

when converting linux physical powered machines using vmware converter, just managed destinations (vCenter or esx(i)) are supported.

Then, maybe you need a alternative approach.

Regards/Saludos,

Pablo

Please consider awarding any helpful or corrrect answer. Thanks!! - Por favor considera premiar cualquier respuesta útil o correcta. ¡¡Muchas gracias!!

Virtually noob blog

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------- PLEASE CONSIDER AWARDING any HELPFUL or CORRECT reply. Thanks!! Por favor CONSIDERA PREMIAR cualquier respuesta ÚTIL o CORRECTA . ¡¡Muchas gracias!! VCP3, VCP4, VCP5-DCV (VCP550), vExpert 2010, 2014 BLOG: http://communities.vmware.com/blogs/VirtuallyAnITNoob
0 Kudos