VMware Cloud Community
mschddny
Contributor
Contributor

Anybody familiar with Novell's platespin Migrate?

I tried standalone converter and enterprise converter to virtualize a windows 2000 sp4 server with no luck. I have a ticket open with vmware but I don't think they are going to be able to help.

So I tried Platespin and I got a virtual image. But it stopped at 86% and froze my physical server. This does not give a warm and fuzzy feeling about platespin.

Problem is this was created with a temporary license which will expire in 2 days.

So I revirtualized the image with enterprise converter and that worked. Will that override the platespin license?

0 Kudos
2 Replies
IamTHEvilONE
Immortal
Immortal

Sorry mate, but this isn't a PlateSpin Forum. I technically know what it does, but you probably won't get an answer to your questions here.

Converter should have zero interaction with PlateSpin, let alone I have no idea how the PlateSpin License model works.

Regards,

EvilOne

VMware vExpert 2009

5441_5441.jpg

NOTE: If your problem or questions has been resolved, please mark this thread as answered and award points accordingly.

0 Kudos
mschddny
Contributor
Contributor

Yeah I know that but I thought if anyone had played around with platespin they may tried what I did?

0 Kudos