VMware Cloud Community
Jamesmonti
Contributor
Contributor

I wanna make my own cloud server and sell VPS plans to my customers

My plan is to make my own cloud server and sell VPS plans to my clients.

I recently bought 3 VM Servers In USA and Germany and Canada from a web hosting company.

My plan is how can I combine all of them and make my own cloud system can this be done? or I need to have my own dedicated servers in 3 different locations 

I am new to this type of business so I don't have much experience 

We will need your feedback or any help regarding my topic my plan as I explained is to build a cloud server

0 Kudos
3 Replies
scott28tt
VMware Employee
VMware Employee

As per one of your other threads, I feel you will need to check the licensing arrangements you have in place, to ensure that you're permitted to re-sell what you are paying the hosting company for.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Although I am a VMware employee I contribute to VMware Communities voluntarily (ie. not in any official capacity)
VMware Training & Certification blog
Jamesmonti
Contributor
Contributor

Sure after I understand how everything works i will be happy to do it 

As for now, i don't know should use VM servers or buy a dedicated server and configure the cloud server from it 

Regards 

0 Kudos
lacoste
Contributor
Contributor

A little old, but here is some free market research for anyone else coming across this reply.  If you have not seen them yet, the 2 main solutions resellers use for delivering VPS are cPanel and a solution from Plesk called SolusVM: both deliver an entire dashboard for customer onboarding, provisioning, application installs, and billing.

If you are looking to do this with VMware solutions (since you are in a VMware Forum), vCloud Director (vCD) is probably best but is unlikely to support the limited resources you described, and would require customizations after deployment (and you need resources for vCD to run on).

Finally, here's a slightly dated article that lists several free solutions as well:
https://crgsoft.com/8-best-2019-vps-control-panels-free-and-paid/