VMware Cloud Community
Lei_T
Community Manager
Community Manager

SDDC Import/Export for VMware Cloud on AWS

The SDDC Import/Export for VMware Cloud on AWS tool enables you to save and restore your VMware Cloud on AWS (VMC) Software-Defined Data Center (SDDC) networking and security configuration.

There are many situations when customers want to migrate from an existing SDDC to a different one. While HCX addresses the data migration challenge, this tool offers customers the ability to copy the configuration from a source to a destination SDDC.

A few example migration scenarios are:

• SDDC to SDDC migration from bare-metal (i3) to a different bare-metal type (i3en)
  • SDDC to SDDC migration from VMware-based org to an AWS-based org
  • SDDC to SDDC migration from region (i.e. London) to a different region (i.e. Dublin).

This page provides detailed instructions.

Feel free to post your thoughts.

If you need to reach one of our subject matter experts, feel free to post a question in the Cloud Customer Success Community.

Labels (2)
2 Replies
stadi13
Hot Shot
Hot Shot

I use this fling for VCDR to save my configuration and import it during DR. Looking forward for the integration into VMC and VCDR.

0 Kudos
Larson1211
Contributor
Contributor

The SDDC Import/Export for VMware Cloud on AWS tool enables you to save and restore your VMware Cloud on AWS (VMC) Software-Defined Data Center (SDDC) networking and security configuration.

There are many situations when customers want to migrate from an existing SDDC to a different one. While HCX addresses the data migration challenge, this tool offers customers the ability to copy the configuration from a source to a destination SDDC.

jcpenneykiosk login

0 Kudos