VMware Edu & Cert Community
SkippT
Enthusiast
Enthusiast

Ready for VCP-DCV 2021

Hello All

Passed my VCP-DCV-202 over a year ago now and want to push for VCP-DCV-2021. 

Can someone tell me if the easiest path for me is to just sit the Optimise and Scale course via Stanly CC, to achieve this? It certainly seems so from VMware's website....

Certification Path if you hold VCP-DCV-2020

1. (Recommended) Gain experience with vSphere 7.x
2. Option 1- Pass one of the Professional Data Center Virtualization Exams

3. Option 2 - Attend one of the training courses in 2021

A lot of Azure and AWS and Nutanix, but in general sticking with HyperVizors!! Love vSphere!!

Regards

0 Kudos
5 Replies
TimVCI
Enthusiast
Enthusiast

I would very much doubt that attending a course with a VITA would count (am sure Scott will be along soon to confirm) but your bigger problem is that there is usually quite a waiting list at Stanly so if it did count towards recertification, I fully expect that you’d have to complete the attendance before the end of the year as that is typically when the requirements change (and currently, a VCP-DCV 2019 requires an exam pass.)

0 Kudos
scott28tt
VMware Employee
VMware Employee

I don’t believe that training with a VITA such as Stanly meets the requirement for that path, if I’m correct it needs to be VMware direct or a VATC partner who you train with.

Email certification@vmware.com for confirmation.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Although I am a VMware employee I contribute to VMware Communities voluntarily (ie. not in any official capacity)
VMware Training & Certification blog
0 Kudos
SkippT
Enthusiast
Enthusiast

Thanks All

I have already taken a look at the VMware courses and the cost involved. I will NOT be taking a course for thousands, when I can pay a fraction of that price for the actual exam!  

I have no problem with sitting the exam, but I think they need to outline a little clearer what you can do, and what you cannot. I achieved my VCP through Stanly, so I thought upgrading through Stanly would have been an option.

Guess not!

Looking to upgrade my certs next year, so may be looking at VCP-DCV 2022. In the meantime there is more than enough Cloud tech to keep me busy until such a time.

Regards

0 Kudos
Octopus_L4
Enthusiast
Enthusiast

Hi SkippT
but also in the cloud area you have the opportunity to get a certification, VCP-VMC, when you complete the course "Designing, Configuring, and Managing the VMware Cloud", which is still free. After graduation, you can take the VMware Cloud Professional exam (2V0-33.22).

So you can be busy this way too, if you're interested.

0 Kudos
mhb4ever
Enthusiast
Enthusiast

concern

0 Kudos