VMware Edu & Cert Community
FirozeB_za
Enthusiast
Enthusiast
Jump to solution

Possible online training platform

Hi 

Been looking at the certification for cloud providers and the options available. Anyone know if VMware is actively looking at the likes of ACG or Pluralsight as a certified training provider?

Most corporates buy an annual sub for their staff and this would open up a great option.

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
scott28tt
VMware Employee
VMware Employee
Jump to solution

VCP having a mandatory authorised training requirement means that VMware have to track completion carefully - keeping content under their own platform and umbrella makes that simple and possible.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Although I am a VMware employee I contribute to VMware Communities voluntarily (ie. not in any official capacity)
VMware Training & Certification blog

View solution in original post

5 Replies
scott28tt
VMware Employee
VMware Employee
Jump to solution

I doubt it, they have their own: https://www.vmware.com/learning/connect-learning.html

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Although I am a VMware employee I contribute to VMware Communities voluntarily (ie. not in any official capacity)
FirozeB_za
Enthusiast
Enthusiast
Jump to solution

I realize that they do, but surely offering them via one or more of the larger providers would only help grow the skills.

The focused while the ACGs and Pluralsight offer a buffet that is sometimes more attractive to corporates in terms of license and training.

I guess this means its probably not gonna happen.

scott28tt
VMware Employee
VMware Employee
Jump to solution

VCP having a mandatory authorised training requirement means that VMware have to track completion carefully - keeping content under their own platform and umbrella makes that simple and possible.

bryanoconnor21
Contributor
Contributor
Jump to solution

I work for a UK based VATC, and VMware are quite rightly protective of their products, I also teach other vendor technologies, and I have to say VMware are the best, sometimes a bit too protective, but that shows they value their products

MattFordVCP1978
Enthusiast
Enthusiast
Jump to solution

Im finding less and less on VMware training these days, plurasight is 100% worth it for home study/online training requirements.

0 Kudos