VMware Edu & Cert Community
choiseonghyun
Contributor
Contributor
Jump to solution

I have question for VMware certification.

I have question for VMware certification.

Here is my current status of education and certification.

- vSphere 6 Foundation: passed

- VMware Horizon 8: completed education session for deploy and Manage 

- VCP6-DCV: passed exam

Well, I know certification can't be come out even if I passed VCP-DCV 2021 exam with qualification the above.

However, here is my question. Please check and let me know yor comment.

If I pass VCP-DTM 2021  exam after passing VCP-DCV 2021 exam,  will certifications for both of VCP-DCV 2021 and VCP-DTM 2021 be issued at the same time?

Thanks for your help in advance.

0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
scott28tt
VMware Employee
VMware Employee
Jump to solution

The only 1 of the 3 items you've completed so far which will be relevant is attending the Horizon 8: Deploy and Manage training.

Once you pass the Professional Horizon 8.x exam you'll have met all of the requirements for VCP-DTM 2021.

As you'll then hold that VCP you will then only have one requirement to meet for VCP-DCV 2021, that is passing the Professional vSphere 7.x exam.

The order in which you complete the requirements for any VCP is not important, so if you passed the vSphere exam first and then the Horizon exam you will still have met the requirements for both VCPs.

In short, yes.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Although I am a VMware employee I contribute to VMware Communities voluntarily (ie. not in any official capacity)
VMware Training & Certification blog

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
8 Replies
scott28tt
VMware Employee
VMware Employee
Jump to solution

The only 1 of the 3 items you've completed so far which will be relevant is attending the Horizon 8: Deploy and Manage training.

Once you pass the Professional Horizon 8.x exam you'll have met all of the requirements for VCP-DTM 2021.

As you'll then hold that VCP you will then only have one requirement to meet for VCP-DCV 2021, that is passing the Professional vSphere 7.x exam.

The order in which you complete the requirements for any VCP is not important, so if you passed the vSphere exam first and then the Horizon exam you will still have met the requirements for both VCPs.

In short, yes.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Although I am a VMware employee I contribute to VMware Communities voluntarily (ie. not in any official capacity)
0 Kudos
stadi13
Hot Shot
Hot Shot
Jump to solution

They are different tracks. So they are independent. You only get awarded the VCP-DCV2021 with passing the https://www.vmware.com/education-services/certification/vcp-dcv-7-exam.html exam.

If you pass the VMware Professional Horizon 8.x (2V0-51.21) exam, you will get awarded as VCP-DTM2021

If you pass both exams at the same day, they will be issued most likely same day 🙂 You will get a badge and a certificate for both of them.

0 Kudos
scott28tt
VMware Employee
VMware Employee
Jump to solution

@stadi13 

You only get awarded the VCP-DCV2021 with passing the https://www.vmware.com/education-services/certification/vcp-dcv-7-exam.html exam.”

This is NOT true if they don’t EVER pass the exam for the VCP-DTM.

0 Kudos
stadi13
Hot Shot
Hot Shot
Jump to solution

@scott28tt: I don't get it how VCP-DCV and VCP-DTM is related together. You can see here https://www.vmware.com/de/education-services/certification/vcp-dtm.html the requirements for archieving the VCP-DTM exam. If you do not have VCP-DCV, you need to attend one of the listed courses. See step 2 --> 2. (Required) Attend ONE of the required training courses.

The same for VCP-DCV: https://www.vmware.com/education-services/certification/vcp-dcv.html

If you hold an VCP in another qualified track (as mentioned on both links) you can do not have the requirement to attend a training. It's optional. If you do not hold any VCP, you have to attend a training listed for the track to be able to get certified.

0 Kudos
scott28tt
VMware Employee
VMware Employee
Jump to solution

@stadi13 

Look again at the original post.

Completing the Horizon training and ONLY then passing the exam for VCP-DCV won't give any certification UNLESS the exam for VCP-DTM is also passed at some point OR a vSphere class is completed.

In other words, the Horizon class doesn't meet the training requirement for VCP-DCV.

0 Kudos
choiseonghyun
Contributor
Contributor
Jump to solution

Then is it possible to take the vcp-dtm 7.7 (2v0.51.19) exam?
If I pass the exam, do I get a certificate?

0 Kudos
choiseonghyun
Contributor
Contributor
Jump to solution

1. Then is it possible to take the vcp-dtm 7.7 (2v0.51.19) exam?
    If I pass the exam, do I get a certificate?
0 Kudos
scott28tt
VMware Employee
VMware Employee
Jump to solution

The exam which is valid for VCP-DTM is part of the paths on this page: https://www.vmware.com/education-services/certification/vcp-dtm.html

0 Kudos