VMware Edu & Cert Community
Graystone26
Contributor
Contributor

Exam 2V0-21.20: Professional VMware vSphere 7 "Cert" clarification

VMWare enterprise veteran since ~2004 but new to certification so apologies in advance for my confusion.

I passed exam "2V0-21.20: Professional VMware vSphere 7" earlier today.  The printout from the exam center says  congratulations on my new certification but my problem is that I'm unsure which certification this completes?   Since the exam "certification" does not seem to match anything on the web site (VCP, etc.) and there seems to be an extreme amount of disconnect between exam names/codes and actual certifications.  

I had hoped that the Certification Manager would provide some clarification but it still shows no results from my exam and reports that VMWare may require up to 10 business days to update (really, this is 2021!). 

I have reviewed the various docs on this site but remain confused. Apologies again for the newbie question and thanks for any guidance.

0 Kudos
2 Replies
TimVCI
Enthusiast
Enthusiast

2V0-21.20 is the exam for the VCP-DCV 2021 certification. 

if you are new to VMware certs then gain the certification by attending a qualifying course and then passing the exam (can do them in any order). 

so if you have met all the requirements (i.e. attended a qualifying course), the VCP will appear in your certification manager typically the next day. 

https://www.vmware.com/education-services/certification/vcp-dcv.html

0 Kudos
scott28tt
VMware Employee
VMware Employee

What VMware training and certifications have you already done?

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Although I am a VMware employee I contribute to VMware Communities voluntarily (ie. not in any official capacity)
VMware Training & Certification blog
0 Kudos