VMware Edu & Cert Community
JohnZikas
Contributor
Contributor
Jump to solution

Can i go to VCP 2021 from VCP 6.5?

Hello All,

i am VCP 6.5 certified and i would like to take the exam of of VCP-DVC 2021.

My question is: can i go from VCP 6.5 to VCP 2021 direct? or do i need to take the VCP 6.7 or VCP 2020 first?

If yes, is there VCP2021 Delta exam?

Thank you in advance

Best Regards

John Zikas

0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
scott28tt
VMware Employee
VMware Employee
Jump to solution

@JohnZikas 

The answer is on this page: https://www.vmware.com/education-services/certification/vcp-dcv.html

Select the "VCP-DCV 2019 or VCP6.5-DCV" path and you'll see you currently have a choice of 3 exams that you will need to pass 1 of.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Although I am a VMware employee I contribute to VMware Communities voluntarily (ie. not in any official capacity)
VMware Training & Certification blog

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
5 Replies
scott28tt
VMware Employee
VMware Employee
Jump to solution

@JohnZikas 

The answer is on this page: https://www.vmware.com/education-services/certification/vcp-dcv.html

Select the "VCP-DCV 2019 or VCP6.5-DCV" path and you'll see you currently have a choice of 3 exams that you will need to pass 1 of.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Although I am a VMware employee I contribute to VMware Communities voluntarily (ie. not in any official capacity)
0 Kudos
JohnZikas
Contributor
Contributor
Jump to solution

Scott hi,

thank you very much for your quick reply.

I need to clarify more things: It seems that i have to attend at least one class for 6.7, is that correct in order me to be able ta take the VCP2021 exam?

0 Kudos
JohnZikas
Contributor
Contributor
Jump to solution

Scott hi again,

i got my answer.

I selected the "VCP-DCV 2019 or VCP6.5-DCV" and got 3 option.

Scott thank you very much for your help!!!

Really appreciated

0 Kudos
scott28tt
VMware Employee
VMware Employee
Jump to solution

@JohnZikas 

Happy to help.

You should be able to mark my answer as the solution, that way others will know your question is answered when browsing VMTN.

0 Kudos
JohnZikas
Contributor
Contributor
Jump to solution

Scott hi,

again thank you very much