VMware Cloud Community
faf1967
Contributor
Contributor

VMC USers and Groups - add user greyed out

I'm logged on as cloudadmin. When I go under users and groups the add user is grayed out when I select vmc.local or mydomain.com.

Also, when I look at groups it says You have no privileges to view this object or it does not exist.

I can't add a mydomain\user-group to the global permissions.

Any suggestions. This is a brand new environment running in HLM mode.

0 Kudos
2 Replies
hsherwin09
Enthusiast
Enthusiast

When you configured Hybrid Linked Mode, you were asked to "Add Cloud Administrator" and you should have selected a group of user to be granted cloudadmin privledges. Have you tried logging in as one of those users and performing permissions configuration?

0 Kudos
mdinisoae
Enthusiast
Enthusiast

VMC on AWS is a VMware managed service and in SDDC VC you will not have rights to create new users or groups.

Anyway, customers have rights to add their own OnPrem Identity Source to their SDDC VC; please find below few methods :

- Configuring Hybrid Linked Mode - 2 methods (inside SDDC or using a Cloud Gateway): Configuring Hybrid Linked Mode 

- Add an Identity source: https://docs.vmware.com/en/VMware-Cloud-on-AWS/services/com.vmware.vsphere.vmc-aws-manage-data-cente...

As a requirement you will need an IPsec VPN or DX connection between OnPrem and SDDC.

MDINISOAE Please mark "Helpful" or "Correct Answer" if my answer satisfies your query.
0 Kudos