VMware Cloud Community
JoelKuby1
Contributor
Contributor

HCX migration through Direct Connect

Hi,

I try to deploy HCX and mount the tunnel between interconnect VMs trhough the Direct Connect.

At destination my SDDC is member of a SDDC Group, the vTGW has a peering with the TGW whic is connected to on-premise by DX.

See the schema attached.

I have modified my network profile in order to deploy my service mesh with internal IP address in VMC but the tunnel is always down.

is there something i forgot ?

thanks for your help !2023-03-06 14_41_24-ICM - Architecture VMC.drawio - diagrams.net.jpg

Labels (1)
3 Replies
abhilashhb
VMware Employee
VMware Employee

Have you ensured the IP Address Range used for service mesh configured does not overlap with the VMware Cloud on AWS management subnet CIDR block or any other IP range already in use for services in VMware Cloud on AWS.

Abhilash B
LinkedIn : https://www.linkedin.com/in/abhilashhb/

0 Kudos
Bogdan_Ionut
Contributor
Contributor

Verify that the HCX components are deployed correctly in both the source (on-premises) and destination (VMware Cloud on AWS - VMC) environments. Ensure that HCX Manager, Interconnects, and Service Mesh are set up appropriately.

Review the network profiles configured in HCX. Ensure that the network profiles used for the service mesh align with the internal IP addressing scheme in VMC and are properly associated with the appropriate networks.

Confirm the peering between the vTGW (VMware Transit Gateway) and the TGW (Transit Gateway) connected to the on-premises network via Direct Connect. Ensure that routing and connectivity settings are correct for traffic to flow between these gateways.

Check the routing tables and route propagation between the TGW and vTGW to confirm that routes are properly advertised and received. Verify that necessary routes for HCX communication are propagated and allowed.

0 Kudos
virtualqc
Enthusiast
Enthusiast

sometime you need to redeploy your HCX appliance, in order to make it work