VMware Cloud Community
tkdreamer2
Enthusiast
Enthusiast
Jump to solution

Difference between HCX, VMware Cloud on AWS and SDDC

Hi everyone

Could someone explain what is the difference between HCX, VMware Cloud on AWS and SDDC?

VMware Cloud on AWS is a SDDC, right?

But What is the difference between HCX and VMware on AWS?Is AWS only for Amazon? HCX, for any cloud?

Cheers

0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
E5C6
VMware Employee
VMware Employee
Jump to solution

Correct VMConAWS deploys an SDDC. HCX is an application mobility platform that can be deployed as a standalone product that does not require VMConAWS. You can use HCX to move applications to Azure for example. If you are a VMC customer, HCX is included. More info here.

VMware Cloud https://assets.contentstack.io/v3/assets/blt58b49a8a0e43b5ff/blt88e0fde0db25b03b/5e156376028cba3ef4e...

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
3 Replies
E5C6
VMware Employee
VMware Employee
Jump to solution

Correct VMConAWS deploys an SDDC. HCX is an application mobility platform that can be deployed as a standalone product that does not require VMConAWS. You can use HCX to move applications to Azure for example. If you are a VMC customer, HCX is included. More info here.

VMware Cloud https://assets.contentstack.io/v3/assets/blt58b49a8a0e43b5ff/blt88e0fde0db25b03b/5e156376028cba3ef4e...

0 Kudos
rajeevsrikant
Expert
Expert
Jump to solution

I have 1 question with respect to this.

As you have mentioned if you a VMC customer HCX is included. Does this mean I dont need to pay any additional licenses or cost to use HCX.

Even the HCX advanced version is included in it ?

There are many components which HCX have. Does all these components can be used free if I am the VMC customer ?

Please help in clarifying it.

0 Kudos
rajeevsrikant
Expert
Expert
Jump to solution

Sorry ignore my post. The article clearly says advanced version is  included & enterprise edition need to be purchased separately

0 Kudos