VMware Global Community
sousa_feitosa
Contributor
Contributor

Erro ao instalar S.O 64bit no Vmware Player

Olá amigos, preciso de ajuda, seguinte ao iniciar a instalação com qualquer distribuição linux 64 bit na minha VM apresena este erro em anexo, dizendo pra instalar 32 bit sendo que necessito o 64 bit. Alguém sabe desse erro?

Obs. Minha maquina local Windows 7 é 64 bit.

0 Kudos
6 Replies
a_p_
Leadership
Leadership

Welcome to the Community,

I hope it's ok to answer in English.

In order to be able to run 64-bit guests, your physical system needs a 64-bit CPU with - assuming it has an Intel CPU - support for Intel Virtualization Technology (VT-x). This has to be enabled in your system's BIOS. After changing this setting and saving the BIOS settings you need to power cycle (power off/power on) the system.

André

0 Kudos
marcelo_soares
Champion
Champion

Como disse nosso amigo, o lance é só habilitar o VT na BIOS. Algumas não tem suporte a isso, e talvez voce precise atualizar a BIOS do teu computador para suportar este feature.

Se tiver dúvida dá um toque aí pra gente.

Marcelo Soares
0 Kudos
sousa_feitosa
Contributor
Contributor

Thanks my friends for reply me,

I updated the bios to latest version and did not gave me the option of VT.
There's another way to configure?

My versiona the BIOS is Insyde f.67.

0 Kudos
a_p_
Leadership
Leadership

Unfortunately not. What type/model of CPU do you have in the system?

André

0 Kudos
sousa_feitosa
Contributor
Contributor

hello,

My sistem is  Intel core 2 Duo T6600, in website of HP a have information speaking this CPU not suported VT.

0 Kudos
a_p_
Leadership
Leadership

Unfortunately that's correct (see http://ark.intel.com/products/37255/Intel-Core2-Duo-Processor-T6600-%282M-Cache-2_20-GHz-800-MHz-FSB...) and there's no workaround to run 64-bit guests. Sorry,

André

0 Kudos