VMware Cloud Community
lkujala
Contributor
Contributor

vdp-configure error message "cannot proceed because the appliance already has attached storage"

I am trying to deploy vSphere Data Protection 5.5 ova appliance.

I am on my third attempt at installation; the previous two installed vm's I have deleted (or at least what I could find of them) after hacking them to death trying to get this thing to work.

I am the vdp-configure stage; but I am now stuck at the Create Storage page.

If I try to either "create" storage or "attach" storage I get the same error box: "cannot proceed because the appliance already has attached storage".

So now I am stuck.

Searching KB has come up with nothing.

I have checked the vm/ova settings (but not changed anything).

I have checked the datastore, nothing unusual there.

So: where do I look next?

Are there remnants of the first two installs hidden someplace in the guts of vcenter?

Can I ssh in to vm to check a setting/log file?

Any suggestions

0 Kudos
4 Replies
dainok
Enthusiast
Enthusiast

I got the same error few minutes ago. A reboot solved that issue.

-- Data Center Engineer - CCIE #38620
0 Kudos
LKUJAL
Contributor
Contributor

It took awhile to figure it out... I had a duplicate IP address.

one of the problems with using static IP addresses, is you have to remember what you have already used.

0 Kudos
dainok
Enthusiast
Enthusiast

Thank you! I'll add it to my notes Smiley Wink

-- Data Center Engineer - CCIE #38620
0 Kudos
vBahubali
Contributor
Contributor

Hello,

I had similar problem when i was trying to configure 6.0.2 4 VDP appliance. I realized before powering ON appliance i had added a vmdk to appliance. Just to see if added disk was having something to do with my issue, i powered off appliance and removed vmdk and then powered it on. This time it allowed me to move ahead with storage configuration wizard. Hope this helps someone.

0 Kudos