VMware Cloud Community
aveenema
Contributor
Contributor

vDR reports showing increased number and duplicate VMs during backup

Hi, we've setup the DR applicance to backup 95 VMs. This is just below the max 100 VMs as stated in the documentation. While a backup schedule is running max 8 VMs at a time are being processed. During this backup, the total number of VMs in the reporing tab is shown as 95+8 = 103 VMs. And sometimes even more.

At the completion of all backups, I noticed that this number is still in the reports tab, preventing me of selecting more VMs, because it's above 100. The inventory counts 95 VMs, but the reports tab counts 103, that includes some duplicate VM name. To get rid of this duplicate VMs in the reports tab, the only thing I could do (as far as I know) is to initiate a reboot of the applicance, causing a very slow integrety check.

Anyone experienced the same kind of problems? Like duplicate names in the reports tab? Look like a bug to me...

btw, I'm using version 1.0.1.362

Kind regards,

Arnold Veenema

0 Kudos
1 Reply
Paul11
Hot Shot
Hot Shot

I have exactly the same problems in my environment, but I do not use VDR any longer, there are so many bugs at the moment that I have ended my tests with this product until a new Update is available. It's not possible to backup so many VM's with this version at the moment. May be this version works with only a few VM's, but I do not believe that you can use this product in a production environment with nearly 100 VM's.

Paul

0 Kudos