VMware Cloud Community
Gemz1982
Contributor
Contributor

vDR Help- Unable to connect at all

Hi there

I have been looking through many VMware support threads and tialed ND ERRORED DIFFERENT WAYS OF INSTALLING Vdr but am still not able to connect to the vDR appliance.

I am using a windows 2008 server R2 with vDR 1.2 ESXi 4.1 and vSphere 4.1, with vCenter.

I have installed bothe the data center pluging and data recovery applance off the latest release download.

When i come to attempting to connect to the appliance it comes up with an error: unable to start services, restart or redeploy applance. I have done so many times, using various admin credentials, but still no luck.

I have given the appliance a static address and connected onto the appliance via the root username and tested services and they are running. I cannot ping the appliance from the vcenter server in which it is hosted on. I can ping the ip when logged onto the appliance but not its FQDN. Added static entry in dns, still no luck- Checked ports on esx host.

Really stuck and help would be much appriciated.

Thanks

Gemma

0 Kudos
5 Replies
Gemz1982
Contributor
Contributor

Sorry about the quality of the above thread:

Please see ammended details below.

I have been looking through many VMware support threads and trialed and errored different ways of installing vDR but am still not able to connect to the vDR appliance.

I am using a windows 2008 server R2 with vDR 1.2 vSphere 4.1 Enterprise, with vCenter Server 4.1 Standard.

I have installed both the data center plugin and data recovery appliance off the latest release download.

When I come to attempting to connect to the appliance it comes up with an error: unable to start services, restart or redeploy appliance. I have done so many times, using various admin credentials, but still no luck.

I have given the appliance a static address and connected onto the appliance via the root username and tested services and they are running. I cannot ping the appliance from the vCenter server in which it is hosted on. I can ping the IP when logged onto the appliance but not its FQDN. Added static entry in DNS, still no luck- Checked ports on ESX (vSphere) host.

Really stuck and help would be much appreciated.

0 Kudos
Gemz1982
Contributor
Contributor

Hi

I have now resolved this issue.

Thanks

0 Kudos
niljersweden
Contributor
Contributor

Hi!

It seems that i am faceing the same issue.

I have deployed vdr ovf 1.2 and are not able to connect via the plugin.

VCenter 4.1 running on 2008 R2 server.

Thx for any update that helped you.

Br!

//Jerry

0 Kudos
Gemz1982
Contributor
Contributor

Hi there- Basically it was down to the IP address I was using, tried a different one from the same VLAN range (one that i new was active) and worked fine.

Sorry if this doesnt help you.

0 Kudos
Gemz1982
Contributor
Contributor

Hi there- Basically it was down to the IP address I was using, tried a different one from the same VLAN range (one that I knew was active) and worked fine.

Sorry if this doesnt help you.

0 Kudos