VMware Cloud Community
HenrikElm
Contributor
Contributor

vDR Disk Full??

Hi all!

The vDR 2.0 backup jobs to one destination disk is failing. Target is a mounted vmdk on the appliance. I have seen errors -1020 Sharing violations for some time now and rebooted the appliance. Target size is 1 TB. The strange thing is that it reports some 778 GB free on the target but still says that status is "Disk Full". After reboot it quickly and successfully completed a recatalog operation, but it still says Disk Full?? Please see the enclosed picture.vDRError.jpg

I have now manually started an Integrity Check that it least was able to start without any Sharing violation errors. It is now at some 2-3% complete...

I hope that the integrity check will fix the problem, but in the meantime it would be great to know if anyone have seen this strange behaviour before and if I can hope to have it fixed by the check? Or will Ihave to delete the target disk and start over with a fresh destination disk?

/H

0 Kudos
1 Reply
wlaub
Contributor
Contributor

Tested in colaboration with VMware support:

Integrity Check and reboot doesnt resolve this, status is still "disk full"

service datarecovery stop    # stop the service
mv /SCSI-0:X/VMwareDataRecovery/BackupStore.cat        /SCSI-0:X/VMwareDataRecovery/old.BackupStore.cat
mv /SCSI-0:X/VMwareDataRecovery/old.BackupStore.cat.bak    /SCSI-0:X/VMwareDataRecovery/old.BackupStore.cat.bak
mv /var/vmware/datarecovery/Config10.dat            /var/vmware/datarecovery/old.Config10.dat
mv /var/vmware/datarecovery/Config10.bak            /var/vmware/datarecovery/Config10.bak
service datarecovery start    # start service

all works.

0 Kudos