VMware Cloud Community
iainh667
Enthusiast
Enthusiast

vDR 1.2 "not connected"

Hi, I just installed a couple of vDR 1.2 appliances yesterday.

They appear to be working fine, although I can't connect to one of the appliances using the vCenter plug-in - I could connect previously, but not anymore.

Obviously, the appliance is brand new - no major errors and I know that its working fine (its taking snapshots etc).

I don't want to just scrub it and replace it with another appliance as it contains a sizable portion of our backups now. I haven't changed anything in the configuration. Doesn't appear to be a name resolution issue, as I can't connect to it via IP either. I can ping the appliance and use the web administration page.

Has anyone seen this before?

0 Kudos
3 Replies
KiloMike
Contributor
Contributor

While this is not the party line answer, i've had similar issues with VDR 1.2 after I upgraded from 1.1. I'm still a fan.

In some instances, I have found that a simple reboot (and in some cases a reset) of the Data Recovery Appliance will get the connectivity back. Some mornings I will check the status of the last nights' backups. VDR might be hung doing the daily integrity check and it seems a reboot gets everything back on track. This does not happen often, but it does.

Hope this helps.

0 Kudos
idle-jam
Immortal
Immortal

That's how we always do it. a simple reboot resolves everything.

iDLE-jAM | VCP 2, VCP 3 & VCP 4

If you found this or any other answer useful please consider the use of the Helpful or correct buttons to award points

0 Kudos
DSTAVERT
Immortal
Immortal

I watched a British comedy series called the IT Crowd. A very funny series. In one episode they had an automated phone message "have you tried turning it off and back on". I have also found the off on routine seems to fix the VDR problem.

<br>Forum Upgrade Notice - the VMware Communities forums will be upgraded the weekend of December 12th. The forum will be in read-only mode from Friday, December 10th 6 PM PST until Sunday, December 12th 2 AM PST.

-- David -- VMware Communities Moderator
0 Kudos