VMware Cloud Community
JawsGoodrich
Contributor
Contributor
Jump to solution

vCentre, Guests and VMDR appliance are all toast!

Using vSphere 5 / VMDR v2 latest patches etc.

I have the VMDR backup running to an offsite storage share - in the event of a major failure and the vCentre server, guests AND VMDR appliance was to completely go offline I assume I would build a new vCentre server / VMDR appliance and point it at the offsite share and start restoring?

Have looked in manuals but cannot see the DR procedure.

Will not be using SRM as budget doesn't allow for it.

Many thanks.

0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
harrygunter
Enthusiast
Enthusiast
Jump to solution

Yeap you are right, you have to build a  new DR appliance and point it to the existing  disk.

The new DR appliance with run through a wizard and you can import all the previous backups in, it does catalogue them.

When done you can restore.

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
3 Replies
racom
Enthusiast
Enthusiast
Jump to solution

Maybe this could be helpfull http://communities.vmware.com/thread/342167

0 Kudos
JawsGoodrich
Contributor
Contributor
Jump to solution

Not really - More I am wondering how to recover ALL my servers if the only thing I have is the VMDR backup destination (on a NAS HDD).

I think it is 1) Rebuild a vSphere server with vCentre and VMDR addins. 2) Point VMDR at original backup destination. 2) Restore... or do I need to re-catalogue the \\server\share\VMwareDataRecovery directory in some way?

Thanks.

0 Kudos
harrygunter
Enthusiast
Enthusiast
Jump to solution

Yeap you are right, you have to build a  new DR appliance and point it to the existing  disk.

The new DR appliance with run through a wizard and you can import all the previous backups in, it does catalogue them.

When done you can restore.

0 Kudos