VMware Cloud Community
KirillK89
Contributor
Contributor
Jump to solution

the ovf package is signed with an invalid certificate

I can't establish vdp, the help is necessary.

1.jpg

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
KirillK89
Contributor
Contributor
Jump to solution

It is correct.

It is necessary to use this utility https://code.vmware.com/tool/ovf/4.1.0.

Repack the file with a key  --skipManifestCheck.

Thank you for your help.

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
10 Replies
vasan22in
Enthusiast
Enthusiast
Jump to solution

Hello,

I had the same issue in my LAB, it's an warning I skipped and it works fine. But in production it's not recommended to install. If you have a support you can check with VMware.

I got this when search, but I didn't tried.

This error occurs when an OVF image of a Virtual Appliance file is modified upon extraction.  This usually occurs when a virtual image is being extracted using WinZip.

Steps to deploy an OVF image properly:

1. Verify that you are using the supported platform.
  2. Verify that the md5sum of the OVF image matches with the md5sum which is provided on the support site for that particular Virtual Appliance.
  3. Create a folder on your local host.
  4. Extract the virtual appliance on the created folder.
  5. Remove the .mf file from the directory.
  6. Import the OVF image now, and deploy it.

Please consider marking this answer "correct" or "helpful" if you think your query have been answered correctly. Thanks, Srini
0 Kudos
KirillK89
Contributor
Contributor
Jump to solution

It is correct.

It is necessary to use this utility https://code.vmware.com/tool/ovf/4.1.0.

Repack the file with a key  --skipManifestCheck.

Thank you for your help.

0 Kudos
ntshane
Contributor
Contributor
Jump to solution

Thanks for this.  I was only able to get this to work by converting to ovf files using ovftool as you suggest, but in my case, I did not use --skipManifestCheck as that produced an error.  I got a notice on vcenter that no certificate was present after converting and it let me import the ovf.

C:\Program Files\VMware\VMware OVF Tool>ovftool --acceptAllEulas <SOURCE_OVA.OVA>  <DESTINATION_OVF.OVF>

0 Kudos
dbenav
Contributor
Contributor
Jump to solution

Hello,

I have same error and follow those steps:

1.  download the ovf tool  https://code.vmware.com/tool/ovf/4.1.0

2.  from command line run

ovftool    oldfile.ova    newfile.ova

example

C:\Program Files\VMware\VMware OVF Tool>ovftool vSphereDataProtection-6.1.5.ova  vdp.ova

then it work !!!

PK3030
Contributor
Contributor
Jump to solution

Applying --skipManifestCheck to the OVA using the ovftool gets you past the initial dialog but the deployment still fails on VSA 6.5 with  ...Capture.JPG

Probably some other argument to fix the checksum but I don't pay VMware maintenance to patch their &@#! software!  I'm filing a service request.

0 Kudos
babba60
Contributor
Contributor
Jump to solution

That is it, many thank's!!!

0 Kudos
adolph1991
Contributor
Contributor
Jump to solution

It seems you were deploying VM with OVA file. I just experienced the same issue you had .   Fortunately , I resolved it without any third party tools ,like ovf tool etc.

Unpack your OVA file with  7zip, then you will get 4 files  like the following screenshot .

Deploy the VM again , browse to your file location and select 3 files(.mf/.ovf/.vmdk)  and then you will skip "invalid certificate" error.

Screen Shot 2017-12-06 at 11.50.20 AM.png

steven7up
Contributor
Contributor
Jump to solution

I've tried all the methods metioned in the potic. None of them works.

The way works: Just deploy the OVF using Web Client(HTML 5).

0 Kudos
steven7up
Contributor
Contributor
Jump to solution

pls:

In HTML5 UI, the deploy operation might be halted when using IE, switch to Chrome.

0 Kudos
jayf628
Enthusiast
Enthusiast
Jump to solution

Another option I have had to resort to has been to deploy the OVF using a vCenter 6.0 thick client (fortunately, we still have one 6.0 environment left, for a short while longer).  That usually works without any issues.  I opened a SR with VMware and got the answer that this is a problem with the way that the vendor created the package, and they need to create it in a way that is fully compatible with vSphere 6.5 (eventually I got them to update an existing KB article with some verbiage about this, but it's still not good enough).  Of course, that will not be especially helpful when we are in a time crunch and need to get appliances deployed, but it seems that more and more of us do need to push back on vendors to give us good packages for modern environments.  In the meantime, we are stuck with all these other options to try.

0 Kudos