VMware Cloud Community
Ravi1987
Contributor
Contributor

how to add network share in VDR from Linux NFS server

hi ,

i have one linux 5.5 server with 2 tb of harddisk .i am using that server as a NFS server .i have on 1 tb of nfs point on that server .now i want to add that 1 tb nfs point as a backup disk into VDR machine to store the backup. i tested ythis nfs is mounting on esx server without any issue. but when try to add thsi to vdr it gives an error error data recovery could not add the specified network share.

can any body help me.

Ravi
Tags (1)
0 Kudos
2 Replies
idle-jam
Immortal
Immortal

make sure the credential that you enter when adding NFS has read and write access. it works for me that way.
iDLE-jAM | VCP 2, VCP 3 & VCP 4

If you found this or any other answer useful please consider the use of the Helpful or correct buttons to award points

0 Kudos
piaroa
Expert
Expert

VDR supports CIFS (SMB) or virtual disks. Since you already have a NFS server, you need to mount the NFS volume on your ESX host, then create a new virtual disk an attach it to the VDR VM and store it in the newly mounted NFS datastore.

If this post has been helpful/solved your issue, please mark the thread and award points as you see fit. Thanks!

If this post has been helpful/solved your issue, please mark the thread and award points as you see fit. Thanks!
0 Kudos