VMware Cloud Community
baber
Expert
Expert
Jump to solution

how can synchronize live 2 vms with different ip address

hi

i have a question i have 2 virtual machines their data is exactly same now i want to know is there any wany for sync their data ?

i don't want use VR because vr can not syn 2 virtual machines that are turn on it just can make a sgadow from one on the othe host

now i want to have 2 vms with differents ip adress and in time they can do synchronize data

best regards

Babak

Please mark helpful or correct if my answer resolved your issue.
0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
TomHowarth
Leadership
Leadership
Jump to solution

There are no methods that can be utilized that will do what you are attempting from the hypervisor layer.  it will need to be done in guest.  therefore for your two windows machines I recommend RoboCopy, and for your two Linux guests I recommend Rsync.,

there is not much more that we can really say here, you have ruled out VMware replication as your need to have different IP addresses in the two guests. 

Tom Howarth VCP / VCAP / vExpert
VMware Communities User Moderator
Blog: http://www.planetvm.net
Contributing author on VMware vSphere and Virtual Infrastructure Security: Securing ESX and the Virtual Environment
Contributing author on VCP VMware Certified Professional on VSphere 4 Study Guide: Exam VCP-410

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
12 Replies
baber
Expert
Expert
Jump to solution

i am waiting for your answer

0 Kudos
baber
Expert
Expert
Jump to solution

please help me i want sync 2 vms  what do i have to do ?

0 Kudos
baber
Expert
Expert
Jump to solution

can nobody help me ?

i am waiting

0 Kudos
TomHowarth
Leadership
Leadership
Jump to solution

Firstly. A little more information would be helpful, what are the OSes that these machines are running for example, what is the data? Is it a Database, File an Print. There are so many missing pieces of information that are required for anybody to formulate an answer.

Sent from my iPhone

Contributing author on VMware vSphere and Virtual Infrastructure Security: Securing ESX and the Virtual Environment
Contributing author on VCP VMware Certified Professional on VSphere 4 Study Guide: Exam VCP-410
0 Kudos
baber
Expert
Expert
Jump to solution

what are the OSes that these machines are running

1- i want all of states both of my vms are linux and second state both of my os are windows

what is the data? Is it a Database

2- i want both states:

there is no database on my vms

second state there is database on my vm

my main goal is : i create 2 vms on one or different hosts then all of my data auto sync schedule for example every one week or every day and both of vms  are running with differenet ip i don't want use VR  because on vr had to just one vm and second vm can not running when first vm is up

thanks

0 Kudos
baber
Expert
Expert
Jump to solution

i am waiting

0 Kudos
a_p_
Leadership
Leadership
Jump to solution

For such cases you need to look for a solution provided by the OS and/or application itself. I'm not aware of a feature in vSphere (or any other Hypervisor) which can do this for you.

André

0 Kudos
TomHowarth
Leadership
Leadership
Jump to solution

There is not a hypervisor aware solution, the difficultly is the different IP address requirements, this is an inguest property that would be over written by any hypervisor based solution.  this is the third time I have attempted to post this answer.

"OK now I am officially confused,  you want to sync the state from a Linux guest to a Windows guest or do you actually have four machines, two Linux machine and two Windows on different hosts that you need to keep sync'd?

if you do not want to use VR then you need to use an in guest replication product.

For windows to windows I tend to use  Robocopy.  for your Linux machines something like rsync would be your weapon of choice".

0 Kudos
baber
Expert
Expert
Jump to solution

so thanks from all

is your means that there is no hypervisor tools for do this work ?

i want sync windows by windows

and

linux by linux  2 vms have same os

0 Kudos
vbrowncoat
Expert
Expert
Jump to solution

Correct, you are talking about synchronizing data within an OS to another OS, there isn't a connection to them being VMs, running on hypervisors, etc. There is no VMware or other Virtualization tool that would do this, you are looking for something to replicate data regardless of what hardware (physical or virtual) it is running on.

0 Kudos
NavalgundRaj
Enthusiast
Enthusiast
Jump to solution

Hi,

The correct and exact answer is  "No"

note: if you are ready to make use of MS cluster or FT then that can be possible.

Again correct answer to your question is "No"

Note: If you found this correct or answer useful please consider the use of the Correct buttons to award points. Regards Basavaraj.R Navalgund
TomHowarth
Leadership
Leadership
Jump to solution

There are no methods that can be utilized that will do what you are attempting from the hypervisor layer.  it will need to be done in guest.  therefore for your two windows machines I recommend RoboCopy, and for your two Linux guests I recommend Rsync.,

there is not much more that we can really say here, you have ruled out VMware replication as your need to have different IP addresses in the two guests. 

0 Kudos