VMware Cloud Community
CipaFC
Contributor
Contributor

error -1103 ( write protected)

I am using datarecovery and i have some error that i don´t know their cause.

I have configure a RDM destination of 2 TB, and i have 900 GBs free, but i have this errors:

- Can't save Catalog File, error -1103 ( write protected)

- error -3902 ( file access error)

- Trouble writing to destination volume, error -102 ( I/O error)

I attach some screen too.

I unmount the disk, remove the disk from the machine, attach it again, mount it, make an integrity check and i have all working again, but it is the second time with this error, so i need the cause of the problem, to reach to a final solution.

Has anyone seen anything like this?

0 Kudos
5 Replies
MauroBonder
VMware Employee
VMware Employee

Welcome!!!

You can do a format in this volume ?

If yes, do it.

Check too if this user that you pass to authenticataion (if a NFS) have permission of R/W in this volume

Please, don't forget the awarding points for "helpful" and/or "correct" answers.

Mauro Bonder - Moderator

*Please, don't forget the awarding points for "helpful" and/or "correct" answers. *Por favor, não esqueça de atribuir os pontos se a resposta foi útil ou resolveu o problema.* Thank you/Obrigado
0 Kudos
CipaFC
Contributor
Contributor

Thank you for your answer.

The destination disks are RDM disks added to the virtual appliance.

The first time i had this problem i format the disks, i lost all data, but after a time, the error apears again.

This time i unmount the destination, remove the disk from the vm, attach it again, mount it and made an integrity check and i recover all the restore points.

But i need to know the cause of the problem, if i have to change some configuration, because i want to put this in production.

0 Kudos
MauroBonder
VMware Employee
VMware Employee

Which version of VDR you use ?

Might you can test if happen same error with latest version of VDR

http://downloads.vmware.com/d/details/datarecovery121/ZHcqYnR0anRiZCpwJQ==

Please, don't forget the awarding points for "helpful" and/or "correct" answers.

Mauro Bonder - Moderator

Message was edited by: MauroBonder

*Please, don't forget the awarding points for "helpful" and/or "correct" answers. *Por favor, não esqueça de atribuir os pontos se a resposta foi útil ou resolveu o problema.* Thank you/Obrigado
CipaFC
Contributor
Contributor

Thank you again for your quick response.

Sorry for the missing information, i have the 1.2.0.1131 virtual appliance version, i will try if the error appears again with the upgrade to 1.2.1.

0 Kudos
MauroBonder
VMware Employee
VMware Employee

I found a similiar problem where this problem was solved with this upgrade.

Do a upgrade and post here if solved please.

Good luck

Mauro Bonder - Moderator

0 Kudos