VMware Cloud Community
dingding
Enthusiast
Enthusiast

can i schedule time for backup store integrity check

integrity check seems to happen automatically, can i see the schedule and change it?

---- Idleness is not doing nothing. Idleness is being free to do anything.
0 Kudos
8 Replies
ian4563
Enthusiast
Enthusiast

No, no way to do that. Hopefully in the future that will be an option.

RParker
Immortal
Immortal

No, no way to do that. Hopefully in the future that will be an option.

Totally agree with that!

0 Kudos
admin
Immortal
Immortal

You can override the default integrity check schedule (once a day) by creating a datarecovery.ini file on the VDR appliance (i.e. inside linux)

1) 1ogin to the datarecovery appliance with user = root, password = vmw@re (this is the default, you should have changed it)

2) stop datarecovery (service datarecovery stop)

3) create a file in /var/vmware/datarecovery called datarecovery.ini with your desired options (see below)

4) restart datarecovery (service datarecovery start)

Integrity check option

IntegrityCheckInterval the amount of days before doing an integrity check, values 1 - 7.

So to have the integrity check run once a week, the file should contain

IntegrityCheckInterval = 7

RParker
Immortal
Immortal

Nice, that's a good idea.

This is the most annoying thing..

Waiting for VMware Data Recovery to stop... (1 of 15)

This takes usually 15-20 minutes.

0 Kudos
admin
Immortal
Immortal

Hmm - Are you running VDR 1.0.1 - this was one of the issues that we addressed in that release?

0 Kudos
dingding
Enthusiast
Enthusiast

really helps.hope more document about data recovery. even if i can't modify the schedule, at least i can view the time when integrity check happen? how to do this?

---- Idleness is not doing nothing. Idleness is being free to do anything.
0 Kudos
RParker
Immortal
Immortal

> really helps.hope more document about data recovery

Did you read Azir's post? He tells you you can postpone it to run once a week. You can't schedule it or know when it starts. ALL you can do is set it to run once every seven days, that's it (or more frequent if you need to)

0 Kudos
RParker
Immortal
Immortal

> Are you running VDR 1.0.1

Yup. It may have been addressed, but it still does it. There are no jobs or integrity checks going on. I simply try to reboot (because it won't respond to the web any longer, but I can putty into it) and I have to wait for it to shut down, which takes 20 minutes. It doesn't do it every time, but when I need to restart (because it's hung or acting weird) I have to wait.. I can force it, but I would rather let it finish, even though after try 15 it forces the issue anyway.

0 Kudos