VMware Cloud Community
escapem2
Enthusiast
Enthusiast

XXXcom.vmware.vdp2.server.error.10056.formatonvmfoundXXX VDP 5.5

hi guys

I have this VDP that backups only 8 VMs, and I've been having a problem with one of them - always the same VM (vmware tools up to date, OS W2008 R2)

I get this error message like every  3 days, yeah the issue is fixed as soon as I consolidate the VM - from VM menu - .

this is what is happening I see that one VM is failing so in the Events I see this (vCenter)

XXXcom.vmware.vdp2.server.error.10056.formatonvmfoundXXX

so I found that VDP creates a snapshot not visible from snapshot manager and that creates this problem, so when I found this I have to manually run a Consolidation on this VM

I found this VM always having this hidden snapshot   VM_name_00001.vmdk

anyone knows how to fix this forever, I cannot be consolidating this VM every 3 days...

_Error_VDP.png

VM_00001.png

I have like 8 VDP instances installed and believe me managing this products is very tired, I don't know any other product like Veeam so I ave no way to compared

thanks a lot

0 Kudos
4 Replies
KarlTsang
Contributor
Contributor

You can try to create a temp folder and move the xxxx-000001*.vmdk to it manually.

0 Kudos
escapem2
Enthusiast
Enthusiast

thanks,

but what do you mean by to do manually? I mean that 00001. file is a snapshot and is being used I don't think I can move it to "remove the snapshot" is it the same as consolidate?

0 Kudos
escapem2
Enthusiast
Enthusiast

thanks but like I said is a hidden snapshot from snapshot manager that is being read/written so kinda difficult to create a folder and move it o rename it...since it's being used

and I consolidate what I want ti to avoid being consolidating

0 Kudos