VMware Cloud Community
maltamirano9160
Contributor
Contributor

What's causing VDP to fail installation? VDP: Configuring Install Storage vSphere Data Protection 5.5 An error occurred while performing this task.

I have been pulling my hair to figure out what's going on here. I can deploy the VDP ovf appliance fine, it's allowing setup to finish so I can start using it. It fails at the final stretch, during the Storage Configuration. Here's the errors event log:

---

XXX

com.vmware.vdp2.config.failed.config.os.data.di-

sk.formatOnVm not found XXX

XXX com.vmware.vdp2.config.failed.config.os.data.disk.category not found XXX

4/9/2014 12:05:05 PM

VDP: Configuring Install Storage

vSphere Data Protection 5.5

VDP: Finalizing storage configuration.

error

4/9/2014 12:05:06 PM

VDP: Completed finalizing storage configuration.

error

4/9/2014 12:05:07 PM

---

This is all I get, and I have to start all over again only to run into the same error. I have a NFS share mounted to the HOST to store the VDP hard drive images. Help, please! ~_~

Regards,

Mark A.

0 Kudos
5 Replies
jcspino
Contributor
Contributor

Did you ever get a solution to this issue? I am in the exact same situation and I would really like to get VDP running off of my Windows NFS share.

Thank you,

Jonathan

0 Kudos
rlyons20
Contributor
Contributor

I am having this exact problem trying to install VDP 6, using a Windows NFS datastore.

Please let me know how to fix the issue!

0 Kudos
jcspino
Contributor
Contributor

I found some information on the one of the VMware Info pages that said VDP cannot be run from a Windows NFS share. I installed FreeNAS and deployed VDP on it and everything went smoothly from then on.

0 Kudos
rlyons20
Contributor
Contributor

0 Kudos
PKaufmann
Enthusiast
Enthusiast

Hi,

Did it work? Facing the same issue right now.

0 Kudos