VMware Cloud Community
Jazsko
Contributor
Contributor

Vmware backup and CDP

Hi,

I am looking for a VMware backup solution. I have read a little about Veeam and Symantec, anyone has any experience with these to? Today we are running a VMware Data Recovery to a local storage on one of the ESXi hosts. This works, but the problem is CDP.

Uptime is a must in this infrastructure that is why we need a backup that will be able to do a backup almost all the time. Changes are made to the server almost every second. We are running both Linux and Windows servers.

Vmware Datarecovery can only take one backup a day. Has anyone got any experience in this filed that they want to share with me?

Today’s infrastructure is based on 3 ESXi hosts vSphere 4.1, 2 ps4000 Equallogic arrays. We are currently planning on buying one more PS4000 to use it for replication, offsite. So solution with backup and replication + CDP is highly wanted.

Any suggestions?

Jasmin

0 Kudos
2 Replies
vmroyale
Immortal
Immortal

Hello.

Note: This discussion was moved from the VMware vSphere Storage community to the Backup & Recovery community.

If you need CDP, VDR isn't going to cut it.  What backup solution do you currently use to cover your physical and virtual servers?  Depending on your budget, you may have to go with a piecemeal solution from different vendors.

Good Luck!

Brian Atkinson | vExpert | VMTN Moderator | Author of "VCP5-DCV VMware Certified Professional-Data Center Virtualization on vSphere 5.5 Study Guide: VCP-550" | @vmroyale | http://vmroyale.com
0 Kudos
idle-jam
Immortal
Immortal

you might want to look falconstor for it's CDP superiority ..

0 Kudos