VMware Cloud Community
mathewdsa
Enthusiast
Enthusiast

Virtual Storage Appliance

Hi. I am looking to practice SRM and particularly SRA replication in my home lab but I cannot get a good free virtual storage that also has an SRA adapter. I have tried the DELL Unity VSA community edition in the past but getting the license for it is almost impossible because there is always a website error of 'Not connected'. Any other suggestions please ??? I really need to test something before using it in a real scenario. Thanks.

0 Kudos
3 Replies
scott28tt
VMware Employee
VMware Employee

I used to use the LeftHand VSA for delivering SRM classes, then it was bought by HPE and now looks to be end of life, not sure what alternatives there are these days.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Although I am a VMware employee I contribute to VMware Communities voluntarily (ie. not in any official capacity)
VMware Training & Certification blog
0 Kudos
a_p_
Leadership
Leadership

Did you reach out to the Dell support yet? Tell them about the issue with the license web page (this issue should be well known, as it's been around for a couple of years by now). They should be able to help you getting a license.

André

0 Kudos
D_G_Tal
Enthusiast
Enthusiast

tthis Error " getting the license for it is almost impossible because there is always a website error of 'Not connected' " make me  crazy 😞 

0 Kudos