VMware Cloud Community
BradI100
Enthusiast
Enthusiast

VSA in VDR missing "arrow"

Hi, I was looking at my VMWare Data Recovery logs this morning and noticed that my VSA-0 is missing a green arrow while my VSA-1 has one.  (see attached)

What does this mean?

0 Kudos
3 Replies
a_p_
Leadership
Leadership

The most obvious reason would be that the VM is powered off Smiley Wink However, in this case I guess you wouldn't ask here.

Does the VM show up the same way, if connected to the ESXi host on which VSA-0 is running? Maybe it's an issue which can easily be solved by restarting the Management Agents on the host. If the host also shows the VM as powered off, you may want to take a look at http://kb.vmware.com/kb/1033591 to see whether this applies to your issue.

André

0 Kudos
BradI100
Enthusiast
Enthusiast

Thanks, I tried restarting the management network. It's still not showing the green arrow. What is the significance of the green arrow in VMware data recovery anyway? I don't backup the VSAs themselves. I only backup the guests that reside on the VSAs. And both are on and online. Puzzling...

0 Kudos
a_p_
Leadership
Leadership

I'm sorry, I understood the "Powered On" icon is missing in the vSphere Client rather than in Data Recovery. I can't help you with this. However I moved the discussion from VMware vSphere™ Storage to Backup & Recovery so there's a better chance other vDR users can help.

André

0 Kudos