VMware Cloud Community
pasalott
Enthusiast
Enthusiast

VMware NetBackup Errors

In vCenter (6.7), all of our successful Symantec NetBackup jobs show with Type "Error".

pic1.JPG

pic2.JPG

We had reached out to NetBackup support and received the following response:

"NetBackup only communicates to VMware via the VDDK API.  From a NetBackup perspective, if the jobs are successful in the Activity Monitor with no errors, then the backup image was created, captured, and stored properly.  Any errors within the VMware environment should be investigated from a VMware perspective.”

We verified the backups are actually successful by restoring a few VMs.

Is there any option to set this particular event "event.com.veritas.netbackup.success.V2.fullFormat" to show a status of "information" instead of "Error"?

0 Kudos
4 Replies
scott28tt
VMware Employee
VMware Employee

Moderator: Thread moved to the vSphere Backup & Recovery area.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Although I am a VMware employee I contribute to VMware Communities voluntarily (ie. not in any official capacity)
VMware Training & Certification blog
0 Kudos
a_p_
Leadership
Leadership

What I think is that the event "event.com.veritas.netbackup.success.V2.fullFormat" is not known/registered properly, and that is causing the error state, i.e. not the backup itself. I'm not sure though who's responsible for registering/defining the events, and their translations, VMware or the software vendor.

André

0 Kudos
eagleburl
Contributor
Contributor

Any luck on finding a solution or workaround to this?

0 Kudos
pasalott
Enthusiast
Enthusiast

I had given up finding a solution.  It wasn't really critical since we knew the backups were successful.  I received notification of your post and checked again and noticed that we are no longer receiving the errors.  I checked the event logs which only go back 30 days and no errors during that time.  We have patched the VMware hosts and vCenter twice since then, so my assumption is patching accompanied by the reboots must have resolved the issue.  That was really the only change.

0 Kudos