kcucadmin
Enthusiast
Enthusiast

VMWare VDR - Next Steps, Roadmap

i'm curious about what is happening with VDR. i've been running 1.1 with some minor issues, nothing an appliance restart doesn't resolve (lol rebooting linux lol).

What is on the horrizon for VDR, next 6 months, 12 months, 24 months out. Can anyone point me to a BLOG/Dev Chat, Site that would give the skinny on what the team is working on.

thanks.

0 Kudos
3 Replies
dominic7
Virtuoso
Virtuoso

VMware doesn't make roadmaps publicly available, and those who have inside information are generally bound by NDA. The only suggestion I can make is to try and get involved in the betas ( requires NDA ).

0 Kudos
kcucadmin
Enthusiast
Enthusiast

well i'm losing patience and confidence with VDR. If it wasn't for the fact that we spent a small fortune in VMWare Licensing and Support i probably wouldn't mind, but you expect when you spend so much money a more refined product.

0 Kudos
dominic7
Virtuoso
Virtuoso

Talk to your sales team, find out who the PM of the VDR team is an email the VDR PM directly. I'm sure they'd like to have your feedback both positive and negative. If there's one thing to say about VMware teams is that they have a genuine interest in improving their products, and most of them a really quite good to work with.

0 Kudos