VMware Cloud Community
Konos705
Contributor
Contributor

VMWare VDP 5.5 Backup Problem - MSG_ERR_OFFLINE

Hi guys, I've run into an issue with my VDP backups. They keep failing with a "MSG_ERR_OFFLINE" message. I was able to successfully perform a full manual integrity check without issue using the instructions here: https://kb.vmware.com/selfservice/microsites/search.do?cmd=displayKC&docType=kc&externalId=2... just wondering if anyone has come across this issue before?  I'm running VDP 5.5

msg_err_noparity.PNG

Here's a screenshot of what I've got for space:

vdpspace.PNG

And this is what I get in the log if I try and run a manual backup

vdplog.PNG

I've tried everything I could find on VDP and Avamar but nothing seems to work. Tried clearing the f and p_cache log files, restarted numerous times. Of interesting note as well I can't get to the :8543/vdp-configure page either. I can SSH to it just fine but getting to the GUI config is not possible.

Any help/suggestions anyone has would be great. I've temporarily downloaded a 60 day trial of 6.1(?) but 5.5 is essentially free for my use and I won't be able to get my new backup solution up and running until next year budget.

Tags (2)
0 Kudos
1 Reply
SavkoorSuhas
Expert
Expert

Could you share the gsan.err and gsan.log files please? 

Between, VDP 6.x is completely free provided the host is running Essentials + or higher.

Suhas

If you found this or any other answer useful please consider the use of the Helpful or Correct buttons to award points.

Don't Backup. Go Forward!
Rubrik

0 Kudos