VMware Cloud Community
resteves
Enthusiast
Enthusiast
Jump to solution

VMDR - local datastore

Hi,

I would like to know if it is possible to create a local datastore to use as destination for VMDR?

If yes, how do i do it?

The only option i get in VMDR is to add a network share.

0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
f10
Expert
Expert
Jump to solution

Yes, you sure can add the local datastore as a destination for VDR appliance.

Step 1. Add a virtual disk to the VDR appliance, just like you add a virtual disk for any VM. When you create a new virtual disk select the local datastore and specify the required size.

Step 2. Connect to the VDR through Home > Solutions and Applications and in destination you would see this space, format and mount it and your VDR appliance is ready to backup.

Hope this helps !!

If you found this or other information useful, please consider awarding points for "Correct" or "Helpful".

f-10.

VCP3, VCP4, HPCP, HP UX CSA

Regards, Arun Pandey VCP 3,4,5 | VCAP-DCA | NCDA | HPUX-CSA | http://highoncloud.blogspot.in/ If you found this or other information useful, please consider awarding points for "Correct" or "Helpful".

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
1 Reply
f10
Expert
Expert
Jump to solution

Yes, you sure can add the local datastore as a destination for VDR appliance.

Step 1. Add a virtual disk to the VDR appliance, just like you add a virtual disk for any VM. When you create a new virtual disk select the local datastore and specify the required size.

Step 2. Connect to the VDR through Home > Solutions and Applications and in destination you would see this space, format and mount it and your VDR appliance is ready to backup.

Hope this helps !!

If you found this or other information useful, please consider awarding points for "Correct" or "Helpful".

f-10.

VCP3, VCP4, HPCP, HP UX CSA

Regards, Arun Pandey VCP 3,4,5 | VCAP-DCA | NCDA | HPUX-CSA | http://highoncloud.blogspot.in/ If you found this or other information useful, please consider awarding points for "Correct" or "Helpful".
0 Kudos