VMware Cloud Community
AnaCopa
Contributor
Contributor

VM restored with Veeam cannot be seen in vcenter - instanceUuid

Hi everybody, I have some doubts about the following:

We have a vcenter infrastructure of 3 nodes, within this cluster there is a vm that corresponds to veeam mounted, the backups run without problem, but when restoring a vm, this vm is restored but it is not possible to see it in vcenter, It can only be seen at the esxi host level, checking the logs I found the following: "warning vpxd[04265] [Originator@6876 sub=InvtVm opID=HB-host-10@633128-6e52d459] Host [vim.HostSystem:host-10,xx] passed in multiple VMs with same instanceUuid but different vmids: existing VM [vim.VirtualMachine:vm-1305,tested], vmid 7, path /vmfs/volumes/vsan:527c45a351e536b2-463bb3feec8906ae/2aaa3760-b49b-1619-8c41-a4bf015e949b/tested.vmx, new VM path /vmfs/volumes/vsan:527c45a351e536b2-463bb3feec8906ae/d215ef60-80e0-01f6-c3db-a4bf015e949b/testedRestore.vmx, vmid 18; ignoring new VM"

I changed manually the instanceUuid but it happens with any virtual machine that I want to restore, I have looked for information about it for veeam and vmware, I can not find a KB to help me, if someone knows this behavior and can guide me, I appreciate it very much!

Version Veeam: 11

Version esxi hosts and vCenter: 6.7

0 Kudos
3 Replies
scott28tt
VMware Employee
VMware Employee

1. There is an area of VMTN for vSphere Backup & Recover discussions, I’ve reported your thread asking moderators to move it there.

2. Having said that, have you posted this on the Veeam forum? https://forums.veeam.com

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Although I am a VMware employee I contribute to VMware Communities voluntarily (ie. not in any official capacity)
VMware Training & Certification blog
0 Kudos
a_p_
Leadership
Leadership

0 Kudos
Lalegre
Virtuoso
Virtuoso

Hey @AnaCopa,

I have never seen such an issue. But let's check the next:

• Which option of Veeam are you choosing for restore?
  • Could you attach the restore log that is on the task in Veeam?
0 Kudos