VMware Cloud Community
asp24
Enthusiast
Enthusiast

VDR - some questions

I have tried a few single backups with VDR, and it will backup successfully.

I tried to backup a cluster with 40 VM's, but most of the backups failed with "Trouble writing to destination volume, error -102 ( I/O error)" errors. The target is a windows server 2003 physical server with some 2TB disks.

Any ideas?

One other question: How can I login to the web interface on the appliance? I have tried with the vCenter credentials, but that did not work.

Also, the performance is very low (10 MB/s average). Other backup apps ran at near gigabit speed.

0 Kudos
2 Replies
asp24
Enthusiast
Enthusiast

default username and password is root / vmw@re

Found it in the documentation....

0 Kudos
admin
Immortal
Immortal

asp24

It seems that the Data Recovery appliance lost connectivity to the CIFS share - if available, can you attach a vmdk to the Data Recovery appliance as use it as a destination for backups and see if the same issue is reproducible?

If you using a SAN, you should be significantly improved performance in terms of backup performance since we can hot add the snapshots directly to the Data Recovery appliance, and bypass the bottleneck of the LAN. My guess is that there is some bottleneck between the Data Recovery appliance appliance and the Windows 2003 server that you are using as a destination.

0 Kudos