VMware Cloud Community
sasamarkovic
Contributor
Contributor

VDR issues. service keeps restarting

Hi there

I have an issue.

After some problems with infrastucture (4.0 esxi cluster with 7 hosts and FC SAN mapped disks) I noticed that VDR (1.2.1) is not working properly. Could not connect to it, so I restarted it.

I looked at console view, and saw the message about reaching high number of mounts, and that fsck is recommended, so I did it according to instructions (init 1 mode, umount, fsck, reboot) and it, again, showed that fsck is needed, as I never did a fsck. I did it again, and no change what so ever.

NEvertheless, I tried to continue with troubleshooting from clinet when I saw that in recent task pane, every now and then, there is

"Add Tag" info.

after looking into console again, I saw that datarecovery process keeps restarting every few minutes (changes PID)

In client that could be seen as disconnecting me after 2 minutes of slow work in VDR plugin pane.

I can redeploy VDR, since mapped disk for backups is RDM and it would not be much of an issue, but I would like to try to fix it, since I can not get to backup job schedules and do not know which machines are being backuped at all (or this does not matter)

Did anyone get something like this, and how dod you manage it.

thanks

Oh, and what I could see in that minute or two is that no backup was done.

Few lines repeat every few minutes in /var/log/messages

vdr121 watchdog-datarecovery: Executing '/usb/sbin/datarecovery'

vdr121 datarecovery: Starting VMware Data recovery, verison 1.2.1.1616

watchsdog-datarecovery:'/usr/sbin/datarecovery/ exited after 591 seconds

0 Kudos
1 Reply
sasamarkovic
Contributor
Contributor

Oh, and another thing.

I've managed to do three clicks before VClient fromze, and saw a recatalog task running.

It has been running for several times now, each time datarecovery process restarts.

thanks

0 Kudos