VMware Cloud Community
rogressem
Contributor
Contributor
Jump to solution

VDR Jobs Not Running anymore

For some reason, my VDR jobs have quit running. The Integrity Check is running every night, but nothing else.

- Last Execution is days old for all my backup jobs

- Clicking on Bring To Compliance does nothing (doesn't show it running - just nothing)

- Restarted the VDR Server and my vCenter server

- A Restore Rehearsal seems to be running fine (I just kicked it off, and its moving right along).

- Going to Configuration tab, Logs shows no indication that the jobs are kicking off.

- I created a new job with one virtual server. Click on Bring to Compliance, and nothing.

Any ideas....?

Are there other logs to look at besides Configuration tab, Logs?

Tags (4)
0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
RParker
Immortal
Immortal
Jump to solution

Try rebooting the appliance? You may find that it's just hung.

I have to reboot the appliance AT LEAST once a week...

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
5 Replies
RParker
Immortal
Immortal
Jump to solution

Try rebooting the appliance? You may find that it's just hung.

I have to reboot the appliance AT LEAST once a week...

0 Kudos
rogressem
Contributor
Contributor
Jump to solution

Did that...(I should have said I rebooted my VDR Appliance, not server). Last weeking I was fighting a job where one server got stuck every night. Cleared the 12 hour old running task by rebooting, now its turned into a no job running problem.

My restore rehearsal worked fine, so it seems like the VDR Appliance is doing something right.

0 Kudos
rogressem
Contributor
Contributor
Jump to solution

OK, maybe restarting the VDR appliance TWICE corrected the problem. Bring to compliance seems to be working after restarting the VDR applicance a second time (didn't restart vCenter this time).

I'll see if the tasks run tonight and ask for help if they don't go.

0 Kudos
RParker
Immortal
Immortal
Jump to solution

> I'll see if the tasks run tonight and ask for help if they don't go.

There is always remove your backup drive from the VDR, delete the VDR (just boot drive) from the disk. Deploy a NEW VDR, use existing destination drives, and let it detect the existing settings. That should work also.

I know it seems painful, and believe me, I don't like doing it either, but it's better than starting fresh, and you do end up with a new VDR in the end. That may work.

0 Kudos
rogressem
Contributor
Contributor
Jump to solution

Rebooting twice took care of it...I guess I just need to be persistent with my reboots....once isn't always enough!

0 Kudos