VMware Cloud Community
bmckerritnu
Contributor
Contributor

VDR Errors

Okay,

I've been using (or should I say trying to use) VDR since it was released. Never has it been totally stable. I've even upgraded to 1.0.1 and then 1.0.2 and I'm still getting this error in the datarecovery-X.log;

0x08ea6d40: VmPro::vmproDataStoreToRefnum: could not find refnum for datastore "[PROD-VM]"

Backups work for most of my VMs but there are 2 in particular that never finish. The error above keeps appearing and they stop at 99% complete.

I searched the forums and couldn't find any similar cases. I think I'll log a call with support.

Has anyone else seen this error ?

0 Kudos
4 Replies
RES_Software
Contributor
Contributor

I'm having similar issues.

2 VM's always hang during backup. One is stuck at 26% the other at 99%. They both have the status "copying (machinename)" The other 18 vm's backup just fine.

The destination is a network share on the (virtual) backup server. The backup server has a iSCSI tape library attached. once a week the VDR store is backuped on tape. The drive hosting the VDR share is a iSCSI attached volume at an EqualLogic box.

The VDR backup appliance version is 1.0.2.562

0 Kudos
kdc
Contributor
Contributor

Getting exactly same error and have logged a job with vmware about 1 week ago. Sent them logs and still no answers from them.

My backups dont even start on any server as soon as snapshot is finished and it starts to copy it dies out and looking at logs that seems to be the error.

1.0.1 somewhat worked. but 1.0.2 doesnt work at all for me.

0 Kudos
RES_Software
Contributor
Contributor

After deleting the restorepoint of the vm's that have the issue the problem went away.

0 Kudos
kdc
Contributor
Contributor

Hi guy,

Just a update on our issue.

I dont know what was causing the problems but it seems after many clean installs of VDR and deleting the destination directory its finally working perfectly. All backups are now working (well first set).

I rebuilt it about 3 times and still causing same error. but it seems after the guys at vmware support were watching me rebuild the appliance it magically worked. Must of been the presence!

Cheers,

0 Kudos