VMware Cloud Community
AlbertWT
Virtuoso
Virtuoso

VDR Error: Configure Destination Error Data Recovery could not add the specified Network Share. Please ensure that your network credentials are valid.

Hi All,

I'm having problem in adding the Shared network drive location for VDR version: 1.0.2.562 backup destination, it said:

Configure Destination Error

Data Recovery could not add the specified Network Share. Please ensure that your network credentials are valid.

that was just the error when i tried to point into Windows Server 2003 shared directory free for everyone to write.

any idea of how to add the backup destination of VDR ? as I've got nothing to select at my screen at the moment ?

Thanks.

Kind Regards,

AWT

/* Please feel free to provide any comments or input you may have. */
Tags (2)
0 Kudos
4 Replies
AlbertWT
Virtuoso
Virtuoso

By using Windows | Run, i can connect to that Directory share lcoation without specifying anything. even by using the IP address is OK through Windows Explorer but not through the VDR dialog box ?

is there any way to create even one single backup destination ?

Kind Regards,

AWT

0 Kudos
Bartmosss
Enthusiast
Enthusiast

Have you tried to enter your credentials using the UPN notation instead?

So instead of using domain\username, try using username@domain.

It helped me.

MCP, A, Network, Linux+, VSP, VTSP, VCP

MCP, A+, Network+, Linux+, VSP, VTSP, VCP
guliaka
Contributor
Contributor

I had same problem. What I figured out is you need specify user name "somename", not "DOMAIN\somename" nor "somename@domain.com". Samba client can not properly handle special characters, so if password has one - it will fail as well. Also in Windows file system permissions allow "Modify" on destination folder for ANONYMOUS LOGON and Everyone. Check if everything works. Then you can restrict share permission to your "somename" account with "Full control" rights so it would not be open to everybody else.

P.S. you'll need to specify "
server\share" in form "
ip.add.res.s\sharename", e.g. "
192.168.100.10\myshare". Don't ask me why they don't do proper name resolution, but they don't ))))) :smileyshocked:

AlbertWT
Virtuoso
Virtuoso

Great, that is the kind of answer that I've been looking for Smiley Happy

thanks forreplying to this topic and hope that this can be a blessing for others too.

Kind Regards,

AWT

0 Kudos