VMware Cloud Community
SolnArchitect
Contributor
Contributor

VDPA (vSphere Data Protection Advanced) maximum throughput, and maximum deduplicated data management capability.

I am preparing a design for a large virtual environment which has more than 2500 VMs. I am planning to provision VDPA for VM backup of non-production environment of Windows and Linux VMs.

Query #1: As per VDPA documentation, VDPA can take backup of maximum 8 VMs simultaneously, and maximum 10 VDPA appliances can be deployed per vCenter server. So, is it possible to tke backup of 80 VMs simultaneously per vCenter with 10 appliances ?

Query #2: What is the maximum I/O and Network through supported per VDPA applicance and per vCenter server (with 10 VDPA appliances) ?

Thank You,

Sanjeev Shrivasstava

Tags (2)
0 Kudos
4 Replies
mark_j
Virtuoso
Virtuoso

This is the wrong forum for this post.

If you find this or any other answer useful please mark the answer as correct or helpful.
0 Kudos
a_p_
Leadership
Leadership

0 Kudos
snekkalapudi
VMware Employee
VMware Employee

Pls find my answers for you queries Query #1: As per VDPA documentation, VDPA can take backup of maximum 8 VMs simultaneously, and maximum 10 VDPA appliances can be deployed per vCenter server. So, is it possible to tke backup of 80 VMs simultaneously per vCenter with 10 appliances ? [Suresh] - Yes you are right. 80VMs in parallel per vCenter. But overall 10 VDPA appliances can protect upto 400 * 10 = 4000 VMs Query #2: What is the maximum I/O and Network through supported per VDPA applicance and per vCenter server (with 10 VDPA appliances) ? [Suresh] - I think it depends on the virtual networking. The environment in which VDPA is deployed

-Suresh
SolnArchitect
Contributor
Contributor

Suresh, Thanks for your response. It was helpful. Is there any VMWare document which says that 80 VMs per vCenter can be backed up paralelly using 10 appliances ?

In Similar way, as one VDPA appliance can manage 8 TB of deduplicated of disk space, can 10 VDPA appliances manage 80TB of deduplicated  disk space per vCenter ?

Thanks,

0 Kudos