VMware Cloud Community
fgl
Enthusiast
Enthusiast
Jump to solution

VDP upgrade?

I'm trying to test upgrading the VDP appliance from 5.1.0 to 5.1.1 via the upgrade iso package and following the upgrade instructions in the VDP admin guide.  I get as far as step 10 in the installing the upgrade section but I am unable to click on the 'Upgrade VDP' button because it is greyed out.  I can see the 'VMwareVDPUpgradeFrom61to6180" package listed and is in a ready status but it also says no packages available.

Is this another bug or am I missing something?

I've ran a 'rpm -qa | grep vdr' as stated in KB2037772 to verify version and it's definitely not upgrade as it still shows version vdr-1.1.53-53 and vdr-configure-1.0.1-21.

Any ideas from the people that have done the upgrade process?

Tags (3)
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
GSparks
Enthusiast
Enthusiast
Jump to solution

And the actual answer is...

after the ISO package mounts, it then has to unzip.  So, once the package finishes unzipping, you will see it as available to upgrade.

-Greg Sparks

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
5 Replies
GSparks
Enthusiast
Enthusiast
Jump to solution

Two thoughts - make sure the download of the iso passes checksum first of all.

Secondly, it took a while for the ISO to mount for me. 

I think your status is more of it taking a little time for the ISO to mount.

-Greg Sparks
0 Kudos
fgl
Enthusiast
Enthusiast
Jump to solution

I think you're right about taking more time.  I came back to it after my lunch and the upgrade button was no longer greyed out.

0 Kudos
GSparks
Enthusiast
Enthusiast
Jump to solution

And the actual answer is...

after the ISO package mounts, it then has to unzip.  So, once the package finishes unzipping, you will see it as available to upgrade.

-Greg Sparks
0 Kudos
fgl
Enthusiast
Enthusiast
Jump to solution

It would have been nice if the documenation said something about having to unzip after mounting and taking upwards of 10+ minutes to do it.  Also the 10+ minutes for bootup of the VDP is unheard of as I don't have any systems (virtual or physical) that takes more than 3-4 minutes to boot up.

DougStorms
Contributor
Contributor
Jump to solution

very good point

the documentation in general for this product is pretty sketchy.

0 Kudos