VMware Cloud Community
SolnArchitect
Contributor
Contributor

VDP support for backup of 8VMs simultaneously and can manage 8 TB of data,

As per VMware documentation for VDP5.5, only 8 VMs can be backed up simultaneously. However nowhere it mentioned, whether this limit is per VDP appliance or combined of all the VDP appliances on a vCenter Server.

If it's for per VDP appliance, then the limit should be 80 VMs backup simultaneously and management of 80 TB deduplicated data , as maximum of 10 VDPs can be installed per vCenter Server.

Is the maximum limit per vCenter 8VMs backup and 8 TB deduplicated disk space management ? or 80 VMs backup and 80TB of deduplicate disk management ?

Regards,

Sanjeev Shrivastava

0 Kudos
2 Replies
snekkalapudi
VMware Employee
VMware Employee

8 concurrent VM backups is per VDP appliance (It is because VDP has 8 software proxies that care of backup) Yes..it is well understood that 10 appliances per vCenter in total can perform 80 concurrent backups in a vCenter

-Suresh
SolnArchitect
Contributor
Contributor

I was also thinking on the same lines. Is there any VMware document, which clarifies this point.

When there is a question on max. limit, documentation should explain the limit with single appliance, and the total limit per evvironment (per vCenter). If it's not documented in VMWARE docs, I would be surprised. I tried to search in VMware document, but couldn't find.

0 Kudos