VMware Cloud Community
Duraz
Contributor
Contributor

VDP - restart proxy

Hello everyone,

Does anyone know how to restart internal proxy via cli?

I would like to run the same process as the one from a web interface (vdp-configure - Proxies - Restart proxy). I would like to restart proxy regularly.

0 Kudos
2 Replies
Lalegre
Virtuoso
Virtuoso

Hey @Duraz 

Check the page 106 of the next document: https://docs.vmware.com/en/VMware-vSphere/6.0/vmware-data-protection-administration-guide-60.pdf. It does not say what you are looking for but some of the commands are .sh files so maybe you can go to that path and search for them.

In some VMware products you can see which script is being called by checking into the logs so maybe you can run a tail -f on different logs while you do the action on the GUI to find what is getting executed.

0 Kudos
scott28tt
VMware Employee
VMware Employee

@Duraz 

Bear in mind that vSphere 6.0 (and earlier) and VDP itself are both end of life - no support and no updates, so if you have anything like production workloads you should be considering a vSphere upgrade and switching to an alternative backup solution.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Although I am a VMware employee I contribute to VMware Communities voluntarily (ie. not in any official capacity)
VMware Training & Certification blog