Rick88
Contributor
Contributor

VDP not sending Summary Report since Sunday (time change).

I just noticed that the (4) VDP appliances I am testing all stopped sending the Email Summary Report after the Daylight Savings time change on Sunday. the last report was generated Sunday morning at 12:00am. Now all the appliances are reporting this:

VDP: Send email summary report error. The email summary report timer is set to the incorrect hour. It does not match the vdrdb value.

The time this error is generated is 11:00:00pm which is exactly one hour from when it should be running.

I think this is a Daylight Savings time issue but dont know how to address it.

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

RickH

0 Kudos
10 Replies
Paul11
Hot Shot
Hot Shot

I have seen wrong time stamps for my Backup-Jobs on  28.10. but after booting the appliances every thing was O.K.

So may this will also help for the mailing timers.

Paul

Rick88
Contributor
Contributor

I restarted the (4) VDP devices and three out of four are now working fine.

Still trying to figure out what is up with the fourth one.

So should I expect to reboot these VMs everytime the time changes?

0 Kudos
DavPos
Contributor
Contributor

Do you find a solution for the problem?

0 Kudos
Paul11
Hot Shot
Hot Shot

You can solve this problem by editing and saving the Email settings in the Configuration menu. (a change to the settings is not required).

Than the problem will be solved (until the next daylight saving event in one year).

Paul

0 Kudos
markokobal
Enthusiast
Enthusiast

> Than the problem will be solved (until the next daylight saving event in one year).

Oh my ... VDP surprises me each and every single day with another bug or exception ... anyway, thanks for the tip!

-- Kind regards, Marko. VCP5
0 Kudos
Thoschne
Contributor
Contributor

I have the same problem. Now I changed the time from 9 am to 10 pm. I will see the result tomorrow.

0 Kudos
Vedge
Contributor
Contributor

So apparently this is not fixed in the latest release 5.5.5 because all 3 of my appliances had the same issue this Sunday.

0 Kudos
SCH5145
Contributor
Contributor

I have 2 appliances not only they had email problem but my backup jobs are completing without even backing any VM... rebooted and ran integrity check but nothing is working.. I did open case with the support, lets see what they say.

0 Kudos
SCH5145
Contributor
Contributor

Well after one week of non stop troubleshooting.... I discovered that the issue is related to SSO, eventhough SSO was reporting authentication is successful.

So I removed the "admin" account from SSO users and rebooted the vcenter server things start working right away.... since I upgraded sso from 5.1 to 5.5 the old system-domain "admin" account was in there some how it was causing the issue.

Please update if someone else find different fix.

0 Kudos
raldridge254
Enthusiast
Enthusiast

I just changed the send time for 1 hour and that worked for me, mails came through as normal after this.

0 Kudos