VMware Cloud Community
ArchParks
Enthusiast
Enthusiast

VDP email configuration no longer works with yahoo or gmail.

I've had the email configuration page set up to email me via my yahoo account for several months. A few days ago, it stopped working with this error:

"Send email summary report error: Failed to send the email summary report. Reason: 530 5.7.1 Authentication required"

I decided to try usign my gmail account. I set the outgoing account to "smtp.gmail.com" and added my info. I attempted to send a test and I get this error:

An email report configuration error occurred.

The cause of the error was: 530 5.7.0 Must issue a STARTTLS command first. l65sm30170100yhk.1 - gsmtp

I changed the outgoing account to "smtp.gmail.com:465"...that does not work either.

Any ideas?

Thanks!

Arch

0 Kudos
3 Replies
ArchParks
Enthusiast
Enthusiast

Bump

0 Kudos
SavkoorSuhas
Expert
Expert

Bump here.

Any solution?

Suhas

If you found this or any other answer useful please consider the use of the Helpful or Correct buttons to award points.

Don't Backup. Go Forward!
Rubrik

0 Kudos
jnsvano
Enthusiast
Enthusiast

From Admin Guide:

"NOTE The VDP email notifications and reports do not support ... SSL certificates"

One possible solution:

"Restricted Gmail SMTP server (aspmx.l.google.com) - Port 25, TLS not required, mail can only be sent to Gmail or G Suite users"

(G Suite SMTP settings to send mail from a printer, scanner, or app - G Suite Administrator Help)

0 Kudos